A few weeks ago was the second Eid (Eid al-Adha). A ram is sacrificed to pay respect to Abraham's devotion to God, who offered his own son for sacrifice. It was a great day spent with great friends and I thank the Conde family for inviting me to their home to observe their sacrifice!
1. View from my counterpart's cafe the morning of the fete.
2. For Eid ul-Fitr (at the end of Ramadan) and Eid al-Adha our soccer field is transformed into an open prayer space. This is the view from the seats of the stadium as people begin their 10am prayer.
3. Kids making the best of the little shade offered by the stadium.
4. Getting ready...
5. The Conde family laying their hands on the ram to pay their respect.
6. Conde's uncle finishes the sacrifice. The ram was then divided and shared with family, friends, and the needy in their neighborhood.